31.5.12

All in His Time

So many of you may have seen that Jake and I are expecting a baby in December! We are beyond excited. The thought of have a new baby at the best time of the year, Christmas, is too good to be true!

Many of our close friends know that this was a very big surprise for us.  "Our Plan" was to be married about 3 or 4 years then start entertaining the idea of having a baby. Thankfully the Lord had His own plan!

I had a doctor appointment scheduled and was not planning for anything out of the ordinary. When I saw my doctor he had concern about how out of sync my body was and how it seemed to not be operating correctly.  He sat down with me and started in the the "infertility treatment" talk. My spirits automatically dropped.  He told me that I need to prepare myself that when we decide to have a baby it would be hard and that we should be prepared to have to maybe undergo some treatment.  But assured me there was nothing to worry about now, and we would, "cross the creek when we came to it."

When he left the room I was automatically worried and saddened.  I had a feeling that this was coming, but I had not prepared myself enough to combat the emotions that I felt.  About 5 minutes later my doctor came back into the room with a smirk on his face.  He sat down be side me and said, "Honey, you can forget everything we talked about a little bit ago because your having a baby."  At that point I was in such shock and on a emotional roller coaster that all I could say was. "Are you sure." I know that I asked him about 10 times before he looked me dead in the eye and said, "Dear, I don't joke about babies." He explained to me that it was very unlikely that I would be able to get pregnant under my circumstances, but it happened!
The amount of relief and excitement was so overwhelming! After my appointment I rushed over to tell Jake.  He was beyond excited! I will never forget the look on his face when I showed him the picture of out little miracle.  His mother asked me later what his face looked like.  I told her the only other time I have seen that "Pure Joy" look on his face was at out first look on our wedding day.  I will never forget how happy he looked.
OK, this is getting long.  I just wanted to share with everyone the complete and perfect timing of the Lord.  He sees so much deeper and better then we do! He's goodness is unbelievable! We are not worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment